Wednesday, October 15, 2014

one direction x markwins beauty makeup collection review

[Warning: This post is extremely picture heavy!]

This is certainly a delayed start to this year, but I am finally back! While most bloggers are probably in the midst of "Blogtober (or Vlogtober)," I am starting to pick of the pieces of where I left off with my blogging at the beginning of last summer because I have been quite the busy gal as of late! A ton of work and many of my summer activities kept me from being able to take some solid time to devote myself to my blog, but I promise that I am now back for good. I am in the process of putting together a schedule and planning what I am going to prepare for future posts, but by the end of the month I am hoping that I will be up-and-running on a new regular schedule! However, I know I tweeted a while ago getting everyone excited for the reveal of the exclusive products I received from Markwins Beauty from their One Direction collaboration! I wanted to make sure I covered all of the bases so this post will have a bunch of photographs and mini-reviews of what I think of the products in this set, and if you like it check a local retailer (Macy's, Lord & Taylor's, etc.) to pick one up!

Packaging and Contents:

The set I received was called "Midnight Memories" after One Direction's third album that was released in 2013. (There is also a song called Midnight Memories as well.) This kit focused on a very dramatic nighttime look- smoky eyes and a classic red lip! Normally this is the type of makeup that I steer clear of, (solely because I don't think it works very well with my complexion) so I was excited that I could not only put these products to the test, but also experiment with them! Inside of the package there were eye looks produced for the different eye colors, so you can get the most out of the set you purchase. The products were packaged in a tin box that had a brick design printed on it, and once opened, there was a promotion card, and all of the contents concealed under a plastic cover. Nothing was damaged so this seems like pretty functional packaging that makes it easy to store the makeup anywhere! 

Inside my set was the following products: 

- 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette
- Liquilights Glow Gloss
- Eye & Body Crayon
- Volumizing Mascara
- 5-Piece Decorator Stencil Set 
- Lipstick
- Nail Varnish

Each kit had all of these products but in various shades to follow the theme of the box. 

Products:

5-Color Eyeshadow Palette: This palette is a great mixture of smoky grays and blacks, with a beautiful pink accent color. I can personally see myself wearing this pink shadow by itself all of the time, so even if I don't get many uses out of these shadows that one is worth it. The pink shade seems glittery and very pigmented, but I find that the matte black and matte light gray are slightly chalky. The center color is a gel-shadow, but it seems like it could be applied to a brush to make a great crease shade!

The shade names are (from top left clockwise): Little White Lies, Don't Forget Where You Belong, Half A Heart and Strong; the middle shade is Midnight Memories

"Liquilights" Glow Gloss: According to the package, this is a UV lipgloss that glows in the dark to become a lighter and brighter version of the original shade which is called Through the Dark. When applied this came out to be a very nice pink shade with some gold glitter throughout. This formula isn't sticky and smells like a sugary candy! 

Lipstick: This lipstick is in the shade Best Song Ever. It is an extremely bright matte fire-engine red. While it has a very deep enticing color and great pigmentation, this is not a color that I can see myself wearing in the future. I would totally recommend this for anyone who loves to wear a red lip, and the packaging is really nice- quite comparable to a NYX Black Label Lipstick. 

Eye & Body Crayon: I am very impressed that they market this as a dual-use product because I would never have thought to use this on anywhere except my eyes! The creamy formula of this pencil would be great for an intense smoky eye because it is super blendable, but also works well to gently line the waterline or tightline for a more natural look. This one's called Better Than Words. 

Volumizing Mascara: While I absolutely adore the name Little Black Dress for a black mascara, this was probably my least favorite of all of the products. The wand is typical of a mascara that would give a lot of volume, but it has a strange scent (similar to that of lead-based paint) that I dislike. I wouldn't discount it completely because that doesn't last long after application to the lashes. 

Nail Varnish and Stencil Set: I haven't encountered nail stencils in ages! For the age group that this product is targeting, I think that nail stencils with a polish is a truly cute idea. The nail shade, Right Now, is a beautiful black with little flecks of gold shimmer. One of my favorite shades! 

Overall, I am very impressed with this kit by Markwins Beauty! It retails for around $30 ($28.50 to be exact), which I think is a great price point for the amount of product you receive. 

To find out more about the products check out their brand Facebook Page:



If you didn't believe how bright the lipstick was, here is proof! 

xoxo

p.s. if you'd like to see me do a 
few makeup looks with this makeup, 
let me know in the comments!

Powered by BrandBacker

No comments:

Post a Comment