Thursday, November 21, 2013

studio gear holiday palette review

I have exciting news! I have received my first sponsored review from one of my campaign partners, BrandBacker. The company that agree to send me products was called Studio Gear Cosmetics, a cosmetics brand sold online and at ULTA stores. I have never tried the brand before, but the products range from $8-$35. I applied to the campaign, was alerted when I was accepted and waited around a week until the product arrived!

The product I am reviewing today is the Holiday Palette from Studio Gear Cosmetics. The retail price is $40 according to the brand's website, and is currently is on sale for $25. 


The outside of the palette is in a cover slip, with a design for the holidays. Underneath, there is the palette with the regular cover packaging, which is a thick cardboard material. The palette also seems very tough, which means that in the case it falls, not much damage should be done to the shadows. Concealed within the cardboard pieces are magnets for magnetic closure. 


The interior of the palette itself is beautiful. I think that the pans have been organized delightfully, especially with their logo design covering the additional packaging. Aside from the product itself, my favorite part about the palette was the panel of instructions for a winter eye and cheek look. There are step-by-step instructions for a smokey eye, which I do not have much experience with and am excited to try! 


This is a closer look at the shadows, which come in four different colors. Additionally there is a large blush in the center that could also probably be used as an eyeshadow as well. According to the palette diagram, the eyeshadow colors are Frost (a snow white/silver shade), Coal (a dark black), Platinum (a mid-toned silver/gray) and Glimmer (a bronzy gold). The blush color is called Snowy Glow, and though my image may make it seem a little orange, it is actually a gorgeous peachy pink. 


I swatched all of the colors on my hand to get a better idea of the pigmentation, and I thought the product was quite nice! The eyeshadows are all very pigmented shimmer, with the exception of Glimmer, which is definitely buildable, but just needs more packed on to be a opaque as the others. The blush is very pigmented on its own, and both the shadows and the blush have quite a satin texture when touched with the fingertip. 

Overall, I think this is a great shadow kit to try for a smoky winter look! The dark eyes contrast the blush so that you get a light flush, and the eyeshadows are also in very versatile colors. The darker silver and the black would make eyeliner colors and the white is perfect for your inner corner. I can totally see myself working with these shades alone and layered on top of each other, and am very excited to incorporate them into my makeup routine. Once I feel like I have used them to make a good makeup look, I will try to post more photographs! 


Get 10% off your whole order from the Studio Gear Cosmetics website with the code SGHOLIDAY!

xoxo

p.s. comment below if 
you buy this product and  
tell me what you think!

Powered by BrandBacker

No comments:

Post a Comment