Saturday, April 5, 2014

ootd: schoolgirl gone grunge

It is almost the end of winter and I have ceased my chance at wearing a last few dark pieces. Come spring, I love to spice up my wardrobe with bright pastels and neons. However, being that black is my favorite color, I couldn't give it up just yet. I wanted to make sure that this outfit made a punch with my style and was different from the typical sweater and leggings combination. For me, this look definitely made the cut! 


Crop Top- Necessary Clothing 
Plaid Flannel- LF Stores
High Waisted Leggings- Urban Outfitters 
Coltrane Boots- Jeffery Campbell 

While I normally just wear a cropped top with these high-waisted black leggings, I went for a totally "Brandy Melville style" by wearing a plaid flannel top around my waistline. This is a great way to hide extra skin that may be revealed from a crop top, or just as an adorable extra touch to an outfit with a simple color palette. This had been the first time that I wore a flannel like this and I am very satisfied with the look, especially because of how simple it is. The "flannel around-the-waist" look is very common now and I have spotted it on many celebrities (like Miley Cyrus and Kylie Jenner!) and popular YouTube fashionistas. This is an awesome addition to an outfit of any season so hopefully I will get another chance to wear it soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment