Monday, March 31, 2014

studio gear cc cream review

I have yet another Studio Gear Cosmetics review! As my partnership with Studio Gear continues to develop I have luckily been sent another wonderful product to test out- the Hydrating CC Cream. I received this in the lightest shade, called Linen. The product claims, "Micro encapsulated pigments deliver a fresh does of color that adapts to your own skin tone creating the most natural looking coverage. This lightweight, oil free cream is infused with the Hydra-Extend technology that provides up to 72 hours of continuous hydration. Skin nourishing and brightening ingredients help to correct and maintain a youthful complexion."


Personally, I am extremely impressed with this product thus far, and think that it matches the description very well. I am surprised at how much it resembles the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, which I have been using daily for about two weeks now. However, I am not the biggest fan of the fact that the product has color-adjusting beads that are supposed to match your skin tone. I find that they often are still slightly dark in color for someone who is quite pale like I am, and I end up with two a different colored face as a result of using too much product. My best advice is to handle this by slowly building up the product and using your fingers to apply it evenly on your face.

As long as you are able to control the color and it matches your skin tone, this is an excellent product to invest in. $34 is quite pricey for a brand that is not quite as popular as others (though it can be purchased at Ulta!), but the quality is quite worth the money. It is not drying and leaves the skin with a soft, hydrated finish. Because this is a CC Cream it does not provide a lot of coverage, so if you are dealing with troublesome skin and spots, this might not be the product for you. Despite this, I think this is a great alternative to a tinted moisturizer for the winter or a BB Cream in the summer. It gives the skin a great glow and is quite brightening for dull, sallow areas (like the undereyes). This is also a great option for being a starter with face makeup!


If you are interested in this product you can purchase it online at studiogearcosmetics.com with an extra 15% off! Just enter the code "brandbackercc" in your cart before you checkout! 


xoxo

p.s. this post was sponsored
by Studio Gear Cosmetics via
 Brandbacker but are all of my
 honest opinions of the product!

Powered by BrandBacker




No comments:

Post a Comment