Thursday, March 13, 2014

getting the chop

I know I have absent from the blogosphere for quite a while, but I am finally back to post! Something very exciting has happened in my life, and if you haven't figured it out from the title..... I got my hair cut! Recently I have seen many of my favorite online beauty inspirations getting a shorter haircut and I was anxious to hop on the trend! I'm not talking about a super short cut- I only got 5 inches removed but my hair was significantly long, and still reaches past my shoulder. The bottom of my hair is a layered so it looks a little bit texturized and uneven. I was extremely excited for this because spring is finally starting to present itself where I live and I this was definitely the change I needed to get myself ready for the new season. So far, I am loving this length and so glad that I took the plunge and got my long locks shortened!

Not only do I love the look, but a shorter cut has really made my mentality on this year different! Less hair to deal with makes me more relieved and has certainly lifted my spirits. My body is starting to shift into warm weather mode and getting a new haircut is the perfect trigger. 

On a side note, as you can see there is a stamp on the bottom of these photos from an app called "Retrica." My Italian friend showed me this app on the Apple App Store and I am obsessed with it. If you are an avid selfie taker like I am (I must admit to it), this app has an amazing filter selection and takes great photos!

xoxo

p.s. this hairstyle was inspired 
by makeupbymandy24 and 
madisenrosebeauty1 from YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment