Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ootd: gotham city couture

I have returned my darlings! After a wonderful week skiing in the mountains, I have finally come back to civilization and have gleefully been reunited with my MacBook Pro. Unlike the past few weeks, spring is finally starting to edge its way in on the East Coast. We have still been experiencing chilly weather and some snow (sadly), yet I have found that I am much warmer and had the ability to wear t-shirts for the past three days. Prior to my vacation I took a short trip to Brandy Melville, and picked up a few pieces, and of course I could not resist putting at least one item into an outfit this week.

Cropped T-Shirt- Brandy Melville
Black Skirt- ASOS
Necklace- LF Stores
Tights- Unknown
Socks- PacSun
Doc Martens- Urban Outfitters


The reason I called this look "Gotham City Couture" is because of how much black I wore. "Gotham City" otherwise known as New York City, is often associated with the color black. I am not sure why, but it just gives another reason as to why it has become my favorite place on earth. When I was putting together the outfit I realized that something else had to be added to make it stand out, and this silver statement necklace was showcased against the t-shirt. This also ties into the title because it displays a sophisticated and classy vibe that only New York City has. I am so happy that I decided to experiment with statement necklaces on this outfit, and I cannot wait to purchase a few more to brighten up outfits for the spring and summer! 

xoxo

p.s. the top pictures might look like a 
different b&w than the last... i don't know 
why it happened but i couldn't fix it! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment