Monday, February 17, 2014

recent drugstore beauty purchases

I have been makeup shopping again! With the combination of the launch of new products for spring from so many brands and my beauty addiction, there was no stopping me from picking up a few things when visiting the drugstore. I feel pretty comfortable with the face and eye makeup I have been doing lately, so I thought that this would be a good chance to venture out with new lip products. So many lip products have been being released and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of them!


Wet N' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder- 821B Fair
NYC Expert Last Lip Color- 446 Smooch
Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain- 04 Candied Coral
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer- 101 Celestial

As you can see, my most recent purchase was four products. Though I was mainly going for lip items, I found myself buying pressed powder for my face. I am quite a dry skinned girl, but recently realized that I have never own a pressed powder! I have tried translucent mineral powder, but wanted to experiment with a tinted pressed powder to see if it could give me light coverage and a natural finish. If it works out, I will have a great product to do touch ups with that is much less of a hassle to carry around!

For the lip products, I am extremely excited to test each one out! The NYC Expert Last Lip Color lipstick has just been launched and it quite hyped up by drugstore makeup lovers. When starting out with makeup I used to use their $0.99 lipstick, which has now been replaced by this. I love the packaging and the color range, but I was especially happy that they kept their affordable price tag! Additionally, the Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain was an inexpensive product I really wanted to try. I have always had good experiences with Jordana products and this balm stain was nothing less. It had extremely long lasting power and great pigmentation for a great pop of color!

The final lip product that purchased was a Show Off Lip Lacquer from Rimmel London. This was definitely the most thrilling of the three, because it has been hyped up so much by the blogging/vlogging community and I just couldn't wait for them to come the the United States. I have to admit that was somewhat upset that they changed the name from Apocalips Lip Lacquer to Show Off Lip Lacquer, but other than that, this product totally lived up to the good reviews it got. The formula is creamy and super pigmented, yet stays perfectly matte for a very long time. It was really easy to apply and smells delicious as well!

xoxo

p.s. let me know if you have
bought any drugstore makeup 
recently in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment