Sunday, February 2, 2014

studio gear cosmetics review

In the midst of binge-watching How I Met Your Mother and prep for a Super Bowl party, I have made sure to find the time to get in a quick blog post! I know that my last post was about cosmetics and that I promised an outfit of the day on twitter, but I really wanted to get this exciting post out onto my blog! I have once again been contacted by the brand Studio Gear Cosmetics and am happy to review a new group of their products that have been sent to me! I had no idea that they were coming and when they arrived it was such a wonderful surprise!

They sent me three products: the Prime Objective Thickening and Conditioning Lash Primer, an Impactfull Pro T.L.S. Mascara, and a gel liner in Invincible Graphite.

I was so happy that they were all eye products, especially mascara, because I most commonly wear eye makeup and am always running out of mascara and eyeliner. I feel the most creative with my eye makeup as well and this gave me an opportunity to put the products to the true test!

Additionally, I was also sent a deluxe sample of their CC Cream Natural with SPF 30 on another occasion and felt like I would include it as well!


My favorite product so far is the lash primer. It has a huge want that really makes my lashes longer and thicker, and goes very well with the mascara that also has a fairly large wand. My lashes seem pretty natural, but have great length and volume after I have applied the products together! I have not yet tried the gel liner but after swatching it, it seems very pigmented. The CC Cream is the only thing that I was not crazy about. I thought it had a nice consistency but was very light coverage. I am also not a fan of face products that have beads that are supposed to match your complexion because I am very pale and the product always comes out slightly yellow for my skin tone. Other than this, I am once again very impressed with all of their products and am eager to try more of the line! I am very interested to test out a blush or lipstick, which are the only cosmetics that I have not experimented with yet. 

I am still in contact with the company and may be receiving more products, but I am not sure if I should review what I get next or just post a few photos to twitter and instagram (both accounts are @stylenativeblog). Let me know in the comments or tweet me!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment