Tuesday, January 28, 2014

mac prep + prime cc colour correct

I have an exciting beauty discovery! While I was browsing my Bloglovin' newsfeed, I found an article from Temptalia about a new line that is being released from MAC Cosmetics! They are now developing the release of their Prep + Prime CC Colour Correct Collection, a concept that is taking face products to a new level. I am really looking forwards to this collection and based on the information that Temptalia has collected, these new products are really worth a shot!

The innovation behind this line is the use of colored face makeup that is targeted towards diminishing specific issues with your skin. The line contains three different products, a CC cream, a CC pressed powder, and a CC loose powder. Though I have seen some beauty brands releasing CC creams and powders, a loose powder is very intriguing and a new development for this type of cosmetic. However, the main selling point of these products (in my opinion at least) and what makes them stand out drastically is the shades. There are four different colors:

Peachy Beige- to adjust the skin tone
Yellow- to neutralize the skin's redness
Lavender- to illuminate the skin 
Apricot- to recharge dehydrated skin 

All of these products seem like they have great benefits, but I am curious to see how the pigmentation of the product turns out to be like. These products claim to be "broad spectrum" but I wonder how to colors will adapt to the skin. I think that the lavender is the least to be worried about, but the peachy beige, yellow and apricot are all similar to skin colors and could potentially change the tone of your skin. 

While these things are all to be determined after testing the products, the ad campaign for the products has me in high hopes. It is absolutely stunning and I know that these will definitely be something that I am going to try out this coming year! 


If any of you hear more information about the line or there are more updates before the products are launched this coming spring, let me know in the comments below or tweet me @stylenativeblog!

To check out Temptalia's review, click this link: 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment