Sunday, January 19, 2014

ootd: cakes and cream

Today seems like it is going to be a lovely day, and I wanted to start it out right with a new outfit of the day post! I am working on some other blog posts right now as well, so there is a queue of new posts to read coming up soon! Anyways, I really wanted to post this outfit on my blog because I love it and I wanted to showcase my new beautiful pants. I apologize for the quality of the photos because they are slightly grainy from my iPhone. I couldn't find anyone to photograph me so I was forced to revert to selfies. I hope you like it! 

Black Chain Necklace- Forever 21
Cream Cable Knit Sweater- Forever 21 
Black Floral/Brocade Pants- Topshop
Burgundy Ankle Socks- PacSun
Black Doc Martens- Urban Outfitters

I called this outfit "Cakes and Cream" because I was inspired by the print of the Topshop pants. They were high waisted but I wanted them to look like regular leggings, and I wanted to make the outfit simple so the pants would stand out. The cream color of the jumper needed to be incorporated because it contrasted all of the dark blacks in the outfit, and I wanted the vibe of the look to be dainty and sweet. Tea cakes and whipped cream are a delicious combination and remind me of my travels to small tea shops in England where we would sit for a quick cup of tea and the atmosphere was oh-so delightful.

xoxo

p.s. should i do a fashion 
trend post or a beauty review
 next? tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment