Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ootd: sweater (dress) weather

It's really getting chilly outside! As we are truly breaching the winter months on the East Coast, I have found the time to purchase myself a turtleneck sweater dress! I think that this is an essential for one's wardrobe and I cannot emphasize how much I am in love with it! I decided I had to share with you all so I put together a small outfit that is not too casual, yet not too fancy at the same time.

Gray Knitted Sweater Dress- ASOS
Black Tights- Unknown
Black Socks- Urban Outfitters
Black Doc Martens- Urban Outfitters

Though the quality and lighting of these photos are not the best, but they still do the dress justice! I wish I could show you all the dress in person (though I sadly can not) because there are smaller details knitted in the dress fabric, like the tighter hem at the bottom, that really make it beautiful. My favorite part are the soft leather arm patches on the lower portions of the sleeves. Sweater dresses are totally appropriate for the winter time, keep you warm, and look fabulous! My Docs matched great and ensured that it wouldn't seem to fancy. I also added boot socks at the ankle to keep my feet warm (this is an upcoming trend I will have to post about!!).

I hope everyone is having a great New Year and stays bundled up!

xoxo

p.s. comment to suggest 
what i should wear in my
next outfit of the day post!

No comments:

Post a Comment