Thursday, January 9, 2014

fashion & beauty doodles #1!

I have decided to establish a new segment of my blog! Personally, I feel that blogging is more about the writing and photography that composes a blog that makes it unique. However, I also strive to make my blog a place where I can go beyond my abilities, and I wanted to start this as a new feature. 

Although I hate to say it, I am someone who is prone to boredom while doing something for a very extensive period of time, e.g. hearing someone lecture to me for hours, and often end up with a paper full of drawings. I do not think that I am the greatest artist in the world (and these new posts are certainly not to show off any type of drawing ability) but I do come across a few of my doodles every once in a while that I am quite impressed with. I only use regular ink pens because I find that they give the finest variety of stroke and pressure. I am in awe of the fact that such an ordinary pen can provide wonderful shades and texture when drawing. (My first doodle has a black background because it didn't have a lot of white space surrounding it and had to be cut strangely on my page.)

I value the skills of artists and am lucky to be surrounded by many people in my life that have extraordinary abilities in the field. I pursue photography (which is my stronger artistic work), but am constantly trying to strengthen my drawing skills. I thought I would post a few of my recent beauty doodles and make this a (somewhat) regular post, to break up a lot of reading and photography. I hope you like them! 

xoxo

p.s. do not hesitate to 
let me know what you think of
these posts. if you have art you
want me to see, comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment