Wednesday, January 15, 2014

christmas beauty haul!

Happy (Belated) Holidays! I know I have been slightly off-schedule with my blogging, but I hope that everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed their Christmas! This is personally my favorite holiday of the season and I was so lucky to have the chance to spend it with my family and friends. Everyone was so generous and I received many great gifts that I am very excited to use. Though I mainly was gifted clothing (which I will be sure to include in future OOTD's), I wanted to focus this post on the beauty items that were given to me.

My family buys gifts for Christmas at all times during the year, so often I am expecting to get something I picked out long before I actually get it. Many of the beauty gifts I got were things I picked while I was on my summer vacation in Italy, where I discovered a fabulous brand called KIKO Cosmetics. I got four products from this brand-

KIKO Night Balm
KIKO Colour Sphere Duo Eyeshadow in 208
KIKO Pigment Loose Eyeshadow in 02
KIKO Pencil Lip Gloss in 08

They are all beautiful natural, nude shades (except the pigment which is a frosty pink-purple) and have great payoff. I have used KIKO makeup since this past summer, and I am in love with it. It's sad that I am starting to run out of my favorite KIKO products and can't repurchase them, so it was exciting to get this little beauty surprise from Italy. These were actually some of the only beauty products I didn't know I was getting other than the pigment, which my mom picked out for me in the store. (I guess she did some secret shopping on her own!) My favorite of the bunch is the Night Balm, because it is extremely hydrating and moisturizing, but has a delicious vanilla scent. I love putting it on before I go to bed and tasting the warm vanilla on my lips! 

Yes To Cucumbers Travel Face Wipes
Kiehl's Lip Balm #1
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen Mascara
Origins Beyond the Fringe Mascara & Primer Duo 
Revlon Nail Art Neon in Atomic Pink 

My grandmother also gave me some lovely beauty gifts that I needed desperately! I was running out of my Lancome Hypnose Star mascara and I was lucky enough to receive two new mascaras this Christmas. I have tried the Origins mascara in the past and it is very good at lengthening, especially when combined with the primer. I am in the process of testing out the BareMinerals mascara and I think it is pretty nice! I'm not crazy about the fact that it has a plastic wand so I may not repurchase it, but it certainly does the job well. The other notable product of this group is the Kiehl's lip balm. This is brand my grandmother is very fond of, but I have personally never tried anything from. I am now very curious to try other products from their line because the lip balm is absolutely phenomenal. It is extremely similar to Vaseline but has a handy squeeze tube and a formula that leaves your lips super soft after just one application. 

Cuccio Naturalé Body Butter in Milk & Honey
Pink Tiger Stripe Brush 
Real Techniques Core Collection
Victoria's Secret Travel Makeup Brush Set

What would beauty gifts be without makeup brushes? These two brush sets were just what I needed this year! I have been dying to try the Real Techniques brushes (the buffing brush in particular) by Samantha Chapman, and after using them I can proudly say that they are truly worth the hype! For the price point I am extremely impressed with the quality and denseness of these brushes. I have products that never applied as well with other brushes and now I can get much more use out of them! Though VS is not known for its makeup, I think that this travel brush set is actually really good. The brushes are really soft but apply product very well, and the mirror inside the case is also a plus. I look forwards to bringing this on my vacation, as well as the mini tangle teezer-esque brush I got in my stocking! 

 MAC Cosmetics Nocturnals Lip Gloss Set in Pink

I have always loved MAC lip glosses, and these ones are great. This set comes with four lip glosses in the colors Dressed to Dazzle, Fashion Scoop, Petite Indulgence, and Colour Saturation (L to R). There are three Cremesheen Glasses and one Dazzle Glass, and my favorite of the four has to be Colour Saturation. The name is not so interesting but the color gives the greatest hint of deep red-purple without being too overpowering. I have only tried the Cremesheen Glasses and this formula in the past, but I am very interested to try the Dazzle Glass. It has more of a brush-like applicator than the others which might make more of the sparkles transfer to the lips. 


This post has gotten very long, but my last product is a little round makeup bag from Benefit Cosmetics. I am personally obsessed by this! I think it is the most stylish little thing and perfect for storing enough makeup to travel with. I can't wait to get a chance to bring it around with me! 

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and is enjoying the New Year! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the other christmas gift posts and seeing what beautiful things people got this year. I cannot thank my family enough for all that they have given to me and I am so grateful! 

xoxo

p.s. comment below 
what you got for 
christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment