Thursday, October 17, 2013

new a/w trend i love: over-the-knee socks

Hey fashion lovers-- I'm back! I have a super exciting post for today on knee high socks! I have undoubtedly fallen in love with this trend and I think that tall socks like these are just great in so many ways. Not only have a found a very cost friendly option (especially considering that they are from American Apparel), but there are tons and tons of ways online that people have styled them. I have found two great outfits with over-the-knee socks and a beautiful pair that I just couldn't resist sharing!


Style #1: Plain and Preppy

Recently I wore an outfit just like this and got a ton of compliments, most of which mentioned how "preppy" I looked. I think that this is a very classic outfit and gets major style points. I adore the sweater over a collared shirt look, but adding a skirt just gives you a little flair. And when you combine that with over-the-knee socks you have created something totally edgy that will definitely make you stand out! 


Style #2: Cozy and Cute

I am really loving the way this was styled. It is very similar to the first outfit but the pom-pom beanie and sweater give more of a warm, cozy vibe. This looks well put together, but is also very simple to wear. Not to mention the fact that you can get wear out of your skirts all year long without having to always put on tights!

American Apparel Ribbed Modal Over-the-Knee Sock ($13)

These knee highs from American Apparel are a great choice if you are looking to purchase your first pair. They look super warm, and come in a great variety of colors. For the autumn and winter seasons I like to stick with darker shades, so I chose Black and Truffle. If you don't like the ribbed texture, they also sell two other opaque versions for around the same price. 

xoxo

ps. i can't believe halloween
is almost here! should i post
an ootd of my costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment