Thursday, October 31, 2013

sky ferreira halloween makeup + outfit

Happy Halloween! Though I didn't dress up and go trick-or-treating tonight, I did get the chance to put together a Halloween-inspired fashion look to post for you all! 

I decided that if I was going to dress up for Halloween I would have wanted to mirror the style of one of my fashion icons. I was originally going for Alexa Chung, but she has a very diverse style. I finally picked Sky Ferreira because she is not only a young, upcoming artist, but has a fashion sense that I really admire! 

Sky's clothing mostly consists of black, "soft grunge" pieces, which I have seen in a lot of her outfits recently. However, I wanted to find a way to tie together her dark, vampy makeup and a casual day look to make it realistic for Halloween and ordinary days! 


This look is very simplistic, but I chose to incorporate her makeup because it is a trademark of her style. I think makeup can really make a statement, and she does so with dark eye makeup and vibrant lip colors. I think her heavy mascara and eyeliner is too much for me to handle, but if you are looking for a change in your makeup routine, this can really make the eyes stand out! Sky Ferreira also chooses beautiful lipsticks to compliment her outfits (and gorgeous blond locks), so I thought her staple vampy berry color would suit this look perfectly. 


If you were unsure about what inspired this look, here is the original photo that I tried to work after! 


On a side note, I had to mention this photo because of these boots! Sky Ferreira has taken a few pictures wearing them and I think they are marvelous! They are by Jeremy Scott. 

xoxo

ps. do you remember the lipstick
that i included in my look?
hint: i mentioned it on my  
blog a while ago! (or check 
@stylenativeblog on instagram!)

No comments:

Post a Comment