Sunday, October 6, 2013

hidden treasure: my mum made it

Hello readers! I know it is getting late, but I thought I'd pop in a blog post before everyone started off their week. Recently I mentioned in a photo on Instagram (@stylenativeblog) that I was going to be writing a blog post on a brand I discovered through Polyvore called My Mum Made It. This is an online-only shop, but it is absolutely fabulous.

The style of MMMI is very simplistic, with a pretty basic color scheme for most of their items. What I really like about the brand is their use of texture and shape to add cutting-edge style to pieces yet still keep them comfortable. If you are looking for a very simple look or a soft grunge type of style, this brand is perfect for you, however I think their range does have something that can suit everyone's taste.

Though I have yet to purchase from the store, I have been seeing a lot of it circling polyvore (which is always a good sign) and was quite intrigued by their lookbook. Their items definitely seem like clothing that most people can pull off and afford. The price range is certainly reasonable, especially because these are similar to the types of fall/winter items that you could find at stores like LF and Urban Outfitters. 

I picked out a couple of pieces that I liked and made them into an outfit on my polyvore account. I am inserting a screenshot of the outfit below, but make sure to check out my account as well if you like my blog! (A link is in the right sidebar.)


xoxo

ps. check the site often- if you don't see 
something you like immediately wait 
a while because they might make 
something new and add it a bit later!  

No comments:

Post a Comment