Tuesday, December 10, 2013

black friday haul

I have finally written my Black Friday Haul post! I decided that I needed to sit myself down and actually write this post, because I promised it you guys and I would never want to break a promise. I know Black Friday was actually like two weeks ago so I really do apologize for the lateness of this post. I managed to get someone to photograph me in the few clothing items that I bought that day (some on sale, some not), and took the photos of the beauty products I got on sale (yay!) so I can write about them. Enjoy!

The first thing that I bought was from Brandy Melville. I wore this outfit once already with black tights, and I think it actually ended up looking pretty cute!

Brandy Melville Long-Sleeve Gray Turtleneck and Black Velvet Shorts

The top is extremely comfortable and super, super soft, and the shorts are also quite nice too- I am really getting into velvet recently. Unfortunately, I didn't photograph on the same day that I wore this, so I don't have any tights on. Brandy Melville is also very affordable, so even though I didn't get them on sale, this outfit was still a steal! 

On Black Friday I also went to a store called Necessary Clothing. There wasn't a sale, but this store is also particularly inexpensive, so I managed to pick out a few things without spending all of the money in my wallet. 

Necessary Clothing Boho Crop Top 

Necessary Clothing Black Skater Skirt

PacSun Brocaded Crop Top

I like both of these pieces for spring/summer, but I think that a classic black skater skirt can work in all seasons. I look forwards to pairing it with tights and a cropped sweater or long sleeved shirt! 

I also bought the top that is in the photograph above on Black Friday. It is short-sleeved, but it should be great for a holiday party or when I go out to a fancier event/dinner. It was 40% off, but I think it is very stylish and classy for a crop top.

PacSun Varsity Sweater

I also got this cropped sweater from PacSun for a good deal. It is pretty basic but the varsity/schoolgirl theme is very in-style these days. This is a great piece to wear on its own with a simple bottom, because it already has a little of its own flair! 

Now for the makeup! I took advantage of the $10 deals at Sephora and a 40% sale at Saks Off Fifth. I got some pretty good deals, especially at Sephora. 

Stila's "Written in the Stars" Eye Shadow Palette

Stila Lip Glaze Trio in "Tiki"- (top to bottom) includes Tropica
Punch (C3), Hibiscus (CN), and Guava (28)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 28E and 20E 


I got all of the Stila for 40% off, and the MUFE Aqua Eyes were $10 for a set of 2. Each Aqua Eye Pencil is normally $20 each, so I saved $30! They extremely creamy and blendable, and work great as eyeliner or cream eyeshadow. The Stila eyeshadows are pretty soft and easy to work with, but I haven't tried the lip glazes. I'm really excited to start using them because they have gotten such good reviews! 

xoxo

p.s. comment and tell me what you
 bought on black friday or what was 
your favorite of my purchases! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you have wonderful blog and great post, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! thank you.

    xoxo, J
    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete