Monday, December 23, 2013

MAC cosmetics makeover

As a lover of beauty, I have finally discovered the world of makeovers! I went to a MAC Cosmetics store yesterday to get my first makeover and it was a great experience! I asked them to do a natural look on me, and I was very pleased. The makeup artist who did my makeup gave me a very natural complexion with a deeper eye, sort of smoky browns mixed with a shimmery pinky nude color. The lips were also very natural as well, and as a whole, I loved the look! I bought a few of the products and hope that I will be able to recreate the look when I want to use all of the products! I am no makeup artist, but it didn't seem too difficult to manage, especially because the makeup artist let me hold a mirror and told me how to apply each product so I could recreate the look.

The products used on me: 

MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1
RiRi Hearts MAC Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow in Phresh Out
MAC Paints in Untitled
MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Lord It Up
MAC Holiday Nocturnals Lip Gloss in On The Scene

I don't remember what mascara and blush were used because the makeup artist applied them to the brush and then walked back to me, she didn't have them in front of me. 

Though there were a lot of products used, I didn't buy a lot of them. The RiRi Hearts MAC Eyeshadow palette was beautiful, but I am trying to build my personal MAC eyeshadow palette with pan shades, so I had the artist match the colors for me. She picked out three colors: Twinks, Filament and Omega. My favorite of the three was Omega because it was my first nice matte brown shade to wear on the lid or blended in the crease. She took Filament over the lid, blended Omega into the crease and used a small brush to add a little bit of Twinks to the outer corner so the eyeshadow seemed a little bit more dramatic- perfect for a party or a night out. 

MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1
I bought the foundation they used because it was a really good choice for my skin type. I have seen a lot of reviews about how it is very hydrating, and it barely felt like foundation at all. I was really impressed that it was so thin but matched my skin perfectly and gave the right amount of coverage.

MAC Eyeliner in Lord It Up
I got this Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner because the color was beautiful! Normally I go for a matte brown eyeliner but the gold sparkles in this one were just too hard to resist. The makeup artist applied it on the lower lash line and it seemed soft, creamy and very blendable. It's also waterproof, which is a major plus!

Overall, I was extremely satisfied with my makeover from MAC. This is a really fun experience to have with friends as well, if you are shopping or just want to vamp up your makeup. I thought they did a great job a choosing colors for my skin, especially the foundation, which is always one of my main concerns when having someone else do my makeup. I am definitely going to incorporate this new makeup into my daily routine and I can't wait to get a chance to wear the eyeshadow look!

I couldn't decide which photo of my makeup was better so included both! 

xoxo

p.s. comment what products you
bought if you have ever gone 
for a MAC makeover before!




No comments:

Post a Comment