Saturday, September 7, 2013

asos fall '13 trend guide

Seeing that it is one of my favorite clothing sites to shop from online, the upcoming trends predicted by ASOS.com mean A LOT to me. Not only am I always looking for a new look, but I am a complete fangirl when it comes to most things England-related. I really idolize the risqué fashion choices of the Brits, especially during the fall and winter seasons when they start to show off their grungier side.

The ASOS fall trend guide was divided into six main categories: "Punk It Up," "Girls' World," "Denim Clash," "Winter Pastels," "Oversized Coats," and "Club Kids." Additionally, a small mini-trend guide was popped in at the end to showcase a few special trends that were not big enough to made into their own category, but also did not fit into the original six. 

Of the six, my particular favorites were Winter Pastels, Girls' World and Punk It Up. While I overall enjoyed the concept of spring colored pastels being mixed with the white snow of cold winter days, there were only specific portions of the other two that caught my eye. (I am not a huge supporter of all denim outfits so that section didn't really enter my mind even though I still gave it a peek.)

Girls' World focused in the typical types of fashion for women, styled after the typical uniformed schoolgirl and the 60's-esque "Mad Men Maven." I found myself more in touch with the Gossip Girl styles of uniform, that mixed high-fashion blazers with knee socks and plaid skirts. 

I adore maroons, blacks and plaids in my clothing pieces, so that was what I admired about this portion of the Punk It Up trends. An outfit I could see on myself would be red and black plaid leggings, biker boots, and a long black sweater layered with a beat-up leather jacket of a slightly shorter length. 

Overall, I was impressed by the fall spread put out by ASOS. I'm looking forwards to seeing what shows up on the MBFW spring/summer runway and the new catalogs of some other stores I like, such as Urban Outfitters and Nasty Gal. 

That's all for now- but be expecting to see some posts on fall nails, cold weather footwear, and some new pieces released on MMMI (mymummadeit.net, this über-cool indie brand I discovered via polyvore). 

xoxo

ps. if this post seems took long, let me know in the comments! 
i know photos are more interesting than reading, so just give me a heads up for the future x

No comments:

Post a Comment