Monday, September 16, 2013

matte lips

Today is another makeup monday! Though mondays are stereotypically known as the least-favorite day of the week, I think a post dedicated to beauty every monday is a great way to jumpstart the weekdays. 

One of the most popular trends that hit the runway during New York Fashion Week was matte lips. Popular labels like Rag & Bone, Prabal Gurung and Monique Lhuillier had their models sport bold colors to contrast their beautiful new spring designs. 

One of the most popular brands for matte lipsticks is MAC Cosmetics, which is commonly used on the runway and has a wonderful shade range to choose from. Seeing that winter is almost here, I felt that it fit best to showcase the darker shades. One of the anomalies that I have discovered in the cosmetic industry is the MAC Pro-Longwear Lipcreme, a lipstick that has the lasting power of a matte lipstick but has a creamy consistency. (Shown in the color "Unlimited" below)

 
MAC Diva Lipstick
MAC Unlimited Lipstick
MAC Sin Lipstick
                       
I have come to find that most of the dark, vampy colored lipsticks are matte. The reason? Such a dramatic color needs a long lasting power so your lips look good until you have another chance to reapply. 

Though I love matte, I find that it can be quite drying to my lips. However, when I apply a heavily moisturizing balm over my color, I have a lipstick that has a lasting power of all day and night. I swear by my Trish McEvoy Luxe Moisture Balm (which is sadly retired in the beauty world) because it gives nice moisture to my lips while providing a natural shine as well. 

My favorite matte right now is "Beguiled" from the Topshop Makeup Line. 

xoxo

ps. if you don't want to spend too much money
try out a revlon matte lipstick from the drugstore-
that's what Rag & Bone used on the runway!

No comments:

Post a Comment