Tuesday, September 3, 2013

hello world!

I have officially decided to join the blogging community with a fashion & beauty blog! I am hoping this blog will express my personal style, upcoming trends, and cool things I have discovered, but as I have learned, things can always change, so I guess I will not make a permanent statement just yet. I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of my top 10 favorites and 5 hate-it's of fashion and beauty (based on the fact that this is what my blog is going to be about), so here I go!

Hate-It's (I would have started with Favorites but I thought that it would be better to end on a positive note rather than a negative one.)

1. Crocs (seriously.... ew)

2. Sticky lipglosses

3. Ugly prints (you can tell when a print is obviously ugly)

4. Over-the-top color blocking

5. Very musky or woody fragrances

Favorites

1. Black clothing (I would honestly die if I didn't have black in my wardrobe)

2. Big, comfy, sweaters

3. Polyvore.com

4. Pink makeup (lipstick in particular)

5. Platform shoes

6. Sportswear (I feel so confident in my workout clothes!)

7. Cool nail designs- aztec, triangles, stripes, etc.

8. Midi rings

9. Big handbags or worn canvas totes

10. Fall/Winter clothing in general

The reason that I wrote so few hate-it's is because A) I try not to be a hater, and B) in terms of style and beauty, I am very open to everything. There are trends that I do not like or don't think I could find a way to look particularly good on me, but I am constantly searching for new items to add to the "favorites" list. I hope that some of the things that I share with you can manage to make it onto your good list too!

I am really excited to start this blog and I am making a promise to all my future readers now that I am going post twice a week- "Makeup Mondays" and "Fashionable Fridays." I am going to do my best to make sure my posts always fit into my schedule but changes in posts will be updated if an issue arises.

For now, xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment