Wednesday, September 25, 2013

weekend makeup shopping

Hello readers! I know it's Wednesday and I am so, so sorry for the late posting. I was really trying to get this post in by Monday, but with the photo shoot for my OOTD's I didn't have the time. I had to take some separate time to photograph the products I recently bought on a makeup shopping trip, and because my lighting situation isn't that great I had to do a little bit of editing. All of that aside, I have done my best to get these photos to showcase my purchases and I hope that they do them justice!

I visited three stores- Sephora, MAC and Duane Reade. Because this is not an overwhelming amount of products, I did get a little time to test them and see how they worked so I can give a little review as well!

Wet N' Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color in 215B Haze of Love (L) and 201C Wet Cement (R)

These two nail varnishes are actually phenomenal! Wet N' Wild's formula really has a great opacity and doesn't really even need 2 coats! The packaging is quite sleek and they are a total steal for only $2!

Wet N' Wild Salon Nail Color in 201C Wet Cement (on nails); design in 215B Haze of Love

Jordana Easyshine Glossy Lip Color in 02 Berry Colada

Jordana is really a new favorite drugstore brand of mine. Though it is hard to find in drugstores, it is a great, inexpensive brand that has all of their products made in the U.S.A. I chose this berry color because it complimented my natural lip color quite well, and seemed good for fall. For anyone who has dry lips, this is a great option because it has good color payoff but is also very moisturizing.

Sephora Instant Eye Makeup Remover and Tarte BB Tinted Moisturizer 12-Hour Primer

My most expensive purchases were naturally from Sephora, but I do not regret them at all! This was my first time trying a higher-end BB Cream, and it was totally worth every penny. The great thing about Sephora is that you can really take the time to find the perfect product for you, so I spent my trip feeling the textures of the BB products and seeing how the shades looked against my skin. Tarte's BB Cream in Fair ($34) was perfect for me and I love it! After applying it over a facial moisturizer my skin feels velvety soft (maybe this has a velvet matte finish?) and the makeup is weightless. My other purchase was a Sephora brand makeup remover ($11- large size; $6- travel size) that I highly recommend. I have been using this eye makeup remover for about 6 months and it does wonders for my eyes. I have sensitive eyes and this removes absolutely everything and you do not need to use a lot to get all of your makeup off. I find that it is very similar to the Clinique "Take the Day Off" Makeup Remover, which is also another good alternative for sensitive eyes.

MAC Eyeshadow Pan in Jest

My final makeup purchase was the MAC Eyeshadow in Jest. This is my first pan eyeshadow from MAC and it is a close match for Urban Decay's Sin from the Naked I Palette. When you buy MAC eyeshadows in pan form they are also $5 less!

xoxo

ps. I know this was quite a long
post and I will try to write 
less next time I do a makeup haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment